At Tournell Family Dentistry, we know that having a positive experience at the dentist will benefit children. Our professional staff ensures your child feels at home.
As a parent, there are things you can do before your child’s appointment to help ensure the visit is a positive one. The following tips are present courtesy of the ADA.
- Don’t let anyone tell your child scary stories about dental visits.
- Don’t let your child know if you feel any anxiety about going to the dentist.
- Don’t bribe your child to go to the appointment.
- Never use a dental visit as a punishment or threat.
- Do try to make your child’s dental visit an enjoyable outing.
- Set a good example by brushing your own teeth twice a day, cleaning between your teeth daily, eating a balanced diet, and visiting the dentist regularly.